Super Power




It can be very frustrating hearing people complain. And people complain often. We are strange creatures actually. We know exactly what our problems are, but ultimately end up not changing what we complain about. Weird right? But why do we do this? Why not just fix what's wrong straight out the gate?

To some degree, I believe that it's because we're all scared of change. Some more than others. But deep down... we all want it. Stagnation is not only frustrating but unbearable for most. If we preach to become the best versions of ourselves, we sometimes forget that we must actually partake in the process. We must set our 'change goals'. For example, "I'm trying to be less judgemental so every day I'm going to first compliment someone's idea before I explain my concerns" or "I don't like gossiping so when I hear something about someone else, I'm not going to spread it too". Or even "I'm not missing lectures this year". That last one is touch and go, I agree,  but at least we are clearly stating what our goal is and we understand what to do to make it happen. And I guess that's the basic idea with anything in life. But remember that no one else can do these things for us. Self-change is always and ultimately a personal choice.

There's so much about ourselves that we always want to change. Some for good reasons, some for not so good reasons, but the question we often need to ask ourselves (on a daily basis really) is: what do I want to change to? Why do you want to change? To be a better version of yourself? Is that for other people's benefit or yours? I believe that most people stumble through life like they're in a game of blindfolded hide and seek. The goal: find "yourself". In other words, find your superpower. What makes you special and sets you apart.
Ew. That sounds like a terribly stressful interview question, doesn't it? But unfortunately, it's one that urgently needs an answer. Our superpowers are the characteristics of ourselves that people admire most about us. What we admire most about ourselves. It's the thing that, once tapped into, will be the reason we succeed in what we chose to do with our lives. Because we finally understand "who we are".

That's a tough one I tell you. We're always changing. There should never really be one thing to find. We find different versions of ourselves at different points in our lives. I don't know if they'll ever add up and make a puzzle or if we're more like OS updates - always discovering something new. Something better. Maybe as we step into 2019 this March, we should start thinking about these things. Updating ourselves is the best way to have the best year. Stay in tune with your energies friends. Read them, feel them, understand them... then use them for life domination.
Wishing you all a prosperous year!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE PLUG CORNER
This is where I'll put in links to songs, books or any other resources that might relate to my blog post. Hopefully, you'll enjoy discovering some new things! 

This week for some plugs: 
  • Little mix - The Cure 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVkwernrS4
  • TEDxUIM - Become who you really are (Andrea Pennington) (this is much needed, please go listen to it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pW2b1vwwf4

If you liked this post and want to be part of the email fam, please subscribe!
Also if you have any thoughts, compliments, opinions or advice that needs a voice, leave it in the comment section, and let's start speaking Louder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

  1. I just became aware of why I was always do afraid of being successful and famous. I never really linked it to poor self love but in hindsight (there is always beauty associated with hindsight), maybe deep down, I was asking the question: "Who do you think you are that you should be famous, successful, etc, etc. If I don't love myself, why would I believe that anybody else would love me!!! Why would I believe that I deserved any more than I had? Yes, Dr Pennington is correct. First start within and the light will shine brighter. Thanks for the blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts